I have been a St. Paul Police Officer since 2014, and I have been a licensed Police Officer in Minnesota since 2008. I am also a licensed attorney and member of the Minnesota State BAR. I graduated from of the University of St. Thomas in 2005 and the University of St. Thomas School of Law in 2009. I believe that my legal education and teaching experience, as well as my work experience as a Police Sergeant in the state of Minnesota, makes me an excellent candidate for an instructor position at Blue to Gold Law Enforcement Training.
St. Paul Police Department—Sergeant 12/2019 to Present
- In December 2019, I was promoted to the rank of Sergeant and assigned to the training unit. In my initial
assignment, I oversaw all the in-service training for the St. Paul Police Department, which includes a sworn staff
of over 630 officers. This position required coordinating with the Minnesota POST board to make sure that all
training met police officer licensing requirements. In 2020, I created the curriculum for our EPIC (Ethical Policing
Is Courageous) and administered the training to our entire department sworn staff. In 2021, I was the
commandant for our recruit academy, and I developed and administered the training to a class of 66 recruits,
which was the largest academy in St. Paul Police history. Since March 2022, I have been a supervisor in our
Special Operations Unit. In this position, I oversee a team of officers that focuses on civil unrest and problem
areas within the city that require a highly planned and specially tailored police response.
St. Paul Police Department—Police Officer 09/2014 to 12/2019
- I worked as a patrol officer in the Western District, specifically within the Midway neighborhood. During my time as a patrol officer, I was a field training officer, SWAT operator, and I also taught constitutional law and criminal procedure to the recruits in our academy’s. In 2017, I was running up for officer of the year and received a commendation the same year.
Cajacob Law LLC—Solo Practitioner Attorney & Law Enforcement Instructor 05/2014 to Present
- In this position, I represent clients in legal matters, mostly pertaining to family law issues including divorce, child custody, and adoption. I also have experience in representing clients in criminal law matters, including DWI, domestic assault allegations, simple assault, and other crimes. I also teach constitutional law, criminal code, and court room testimony to police agencies and groups throughout the State and have work as an instructor with Storm Training Group to facilitate this training within the State of Minnesota.
Rochester Police Department—Police Officer 10/2010 to 09/2014
- Perform general duty police work in protecting life and property, maintaining order, preventing crimes, apprehending criminals, and enforcing laws and ordinances. Perform general patrol, preliminary investigation and traffic regulation duties that may be performed in patrol cars or on foot. I was also a field training officer and member of the Forensic Services Unit.
St. Paul Police Department—Parking Enforcement Officer 10/2009 to 07/2011
- Enforced parking law and ordinances for the city of St. Paul, recover stolen vehicles, towed vehicles for various violations, keep detailed and accurate reports, and assist sworn officers at accident scenes as needed.
Ramsey County Sheriff’s Department—Deputy 07/2008 to 07/2011
- Provided law enforcement services primarily to county lakes, parks, and trails, but also to seven municipalities that utilize the Sheriff’s Department as contractual law enforcement services. This position required proficient use of police equipment, including radio, asp, firearm, computers, shotgun, and less lethal methods. Position also required a high level of communication skills for effectively dealing with diverse communities.
Napa Valley College (California)—POST Basic Course Waiver, 02/2021 to 03/2021
- I attended a 160-hour California POST requalification course that consisted of training in academics, firearms,
defensive tactics, and California specific law. As a result of this training, I am eligible to be licensed in California
as a POST certified police officer.
Alexandria Tech—Law Enforcement Certificate, 10/2009 to 07/2010
- I obtained a law enforcement certificate and attending skills at Alex Tech. I had the honor of being chosen from
amongst the 150 students as the one to give the commencement address to the graduating class, our families, and
the guests in attendance (an audience of over 500 people).
St. Thomas School of Law—Juris Doctorate, 08/2006 to 05/2009
- I attended St. Thomas law school from August 2006 until I earned a JD in 2009.
Oxford University—International Law, 05/2007 to 08/2007
- I studied international law at the University of Oxford (England) for a summer term. Courses I took included
Comparative Constitutional Law and English Legal History.
University of St. Thomas—BA Psychology (Cum Laude), 12/2002 to 12/2005
- I attended the University of St. Thomas from December 2002 until I earned a BA in psychology in December 2005,
graduating with honors (Cum Laude).
Mankato State University—Law Enforcement Major, 08/2001 to 12/2002
- I studied at Mankato State from August 2001-December 2002. I majored in law enforcement and psychology
during my studies at Minnesota State Mankato. I left the school with a 3.5 GPA.
Eagan High School, 08/2000 to 06/2001
- I attended Eagan High School from August 2000 until graduation in June 2001. Prior to attending Eagan High
School, I was home schooled from first grade through eleventh grade.
Volunteer Attorney– Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid (Minneapolis, MN. 08/2014-Present).
- In this position, I assist clients by providing free legal services. The cases are broad in nature, but my focus is
mainly on family law issues.
Law Clerk/Student Attorney—Dakota County Attorney’s Office (Hastings, MN. 01/2009-06/2009).
- In this position, I worked in the prosecutor’s office assisting County Attorneys with legal research, drafting
memos and briefs, and summarizing legislative changes in the substantive criminal law. I also assisted the
general public by answering legal questions and inquiries pertaining to citations they have received. I also
prosecuted gross misdemeanor and misdemeanor jury trials; represented the state at first appearances, sentence
hearings, and probation revocation hearings.
Law Clerk— Minnesota Office of Administrative Hearings (St. Paul, MN. 5/2008-08-2008).
- In this position, I worked as a legal clerk for the Honorable Jeanne Knight. I drafted legal orders and memos,
conducted extensive research into employment law issue in the state of Minnesota, and drafted a concise
restatement of the legislative changes in worker’s compensation law in the state of Minnesota.
St. Thomas Alumni Association—St. Thomas Law School (08/2007-5/2009).
- In this position, I promoted the Alumni Association on campus and help to recruit speakers to give a law related
lecture on campus.
Minnesota Justice Foundation-Youthlink legal clinic volunteer (Minneapolis, MN 5/2007-10/2007).
- In this position, I volunteered at an inner city youth homeless shelter assisting lawyers in helping to provide free
legal services to the people seeking help.
St. Paul Police Reserve Officer (St. Paul, MN. 3/2003-7/2008).
- In this position, I assisted the police department by providing services that do not require a sworn officer. I
attended monthly training meetings and training sessions, maintained a position on the reserve emergency call
out team, directed traffic, patrolled city wide in a marked police vehicle, conducted house watches, recovered and
inventoried found property, secured crime scenes, responded to calls that did not require a sworn police officer.
Tutor/Mentor at Kenwood Elementary School (Minneapolis, MN. 2/2005-05/2005).
- In this position, my responsibilities included: providing classroom instruction to the kids and providing
mentorship to them.
Project for Pride in Living-Connections to work volunteer (Minneapolis, MN. 2/2004-05/2004).
- In this position, I volunteered in the Connections to Work department. My duties consisted of helping welfare
recipients and homeless people obtain employment in the community.
Eagan Police Explorer (Eagan, MN. 10/2000-06/2002).
- In this position, I attended Explorer meetings, patrolled city parks in a designated park patrol vehicle, completed
in regional skills competitions for explorers, and went on ride-a-longs with Eagan Police Officers.