Join hundreds of your fellow officers from around the country as we dive into this fascinating topic. Then, immediately after, join us for the Search & Seizure Show where host Anthony Bandiero and a special guest will answer your search & seizure questions.
See you there!
Are you prepared to tackle the legal complexities surrounding RVs, motels, and tents? Join us for an essential learning experience that will equip you with the knowledge and insights needed to navigate these crucial topics.
Discover the Answers to Your Questions:
• Defining a “Home” on Wheels: Explore the circumstances under which a vehicle becomes legally recognized as a “home.” Gain a comprehensive understanding of the factors that determine this distinction, ensuring you can effectively apply the law in RV-related scenarios.
• Understand the four key factors that must be articulated to legally justify a search of a vehicle. Learn how to navigate the legal requirements and considerations involved, enabling you to conduct thorough and lawful searches.
• Gain clarity on when and how police can assist in evicting individuals from motels. Explore the legal boundaries and responsibilities in these situations, equipping you to handle these complex scenarios with tact and adherence to the law.
• The Tent as a “Home”: Uncover the criteria that determine when a tent becomes legally recognized as a “home.” Understand the legal principles and implications associated with this classification, ensuring you can make informed decisions in encounters involving tents.
• Reasonable Expectation of Privacy in Illegally Erected Tents: Explore whether a person can have a reasonable expectation of privacy in an illegally erected tent. Grasp the legal nuances and considerations involved.
Don’t miss the opportunity to expand your understanding of legal issues surrounding RVs, motels, and tents. Register now and unlock the tools to navigate these challenges effectively.
Length: 1 Hour
Credit: In-services credit is available in many states.
A Live Call-in Show
Where we answer officers’ legal questions from Around the Country
See you there!